There’s a lot to consider if you want to become a known and successful artist. First of all, the artist defines what this means to them and it involves one if not all three of the following:
1. Achieving artistic excellence
2. Financial gain or stability
3. Others knowing who you are as an artist and believing you are a success
There are many ways to become known as a success. Here’s are a few tips:
· Know how to talk and write about your art so that it can be understood by artists and non-artists alike
· Know where to show your artwork so that you attract your targeted market
· Know how to present your artwork so that it appeals to potential collectors
· Develop your own style of art that is recognizable
· Develop a recognizable brand for your art business
· Share your art and art story with others – consistently.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many more ways to become known as a successful artist. What is important for an artist to realize is that each of finds our own way to success. No two paths to artistic success will be the same. Do you know what yours may look like?
Kathy Beekman is an experienced art career coach and a successful professional artist. Want to know how she can help you? www.artcoachingforyou.com