We are not alone in our creative ventures. Yet, one of the things that creative people can get stuck in is a kind of isolation. We often find ourselves working away in our studios, not benefitting from the potential resources that can help support us in so many ways. Yet that support can come through our Creative Cohorts—though they may not always be in plain sight.
For the past month or so, I have been taking an exciting course called “The Right Brain Business Plan: A Creative Visual Map for Success” developed by the founder of Artisan Coaching, Jennifer Lee. The course is facilitated by Susan Stott Miller from Lighted Path Coaching. Susan is a psychotherapist, a life coach, creative coach and artist—a multi-passionate person, who has skillfully figured out how to offer her many extraordinary talents to the world to support creative people in getting their work out into the world.
So who are your Creative Cohorts and how can they help you enliven and bring your creative expression to the world? According to Jennifer and Susan, they can be….
- Your Inner Circle of Advisors—for emotional support, encouragement, ideas, accountability, and brainstorming
- Your Nurture Huddle—a safe, collaborative gathering of peers who mutually encourage and inspire each other
- Your Mentors—people with experience who can show you the ropes
- Strategic Alliances—alliances or partnerships that mutually benefit both parties, but remain as separate businesses
- Your Hired Team—an art career coach (like Kathy!), a creativity coach (like Cyncie!), accountants, bookkeepers, web developers, administrative assistants, etc.
As you read through this list, what Creative Cohorts do you think you might want to invite in to empower your creative process?
And guess what? Kathy and Cyncie are ready and waiting to be your Creative Cohorts in whatever way you might need! Contact us at artcoachingforyou.com to start the process.