One way to grow as an artist is creating a habit to create. A habit is something you do on a regular basis and without thinking much about it. It becomes such a part of your routine that it becomes who you are.
Here are five really great benefits you'll receive if you create a habit to create:
1. Your artistic skills will improve. Habits give you the opportunity to practice again and again.
2. The tone of your artistic life will be set. Habits set foundations for you life.
3. You will eliminate wasted time. By following a routine, you will free up time that would otherwise be spent on planning and preparation. Your routine predetermines your schedule, therefore allowing you to use your time more efficiently.
4. Procrastination will be reduced. When something becomes routine (aka habit) the chances of your procrastinating are reduced.
5. Self confidence will naturally be built. When you stick to a habit you develop a sense of great satisfaction. This in turn inspires and fuels you to keep moving forward.
Each of us are different in what we want and need as artists. Therefore each of our creative habits will take on a unique shape. What does your habit to create look like?