Everyone has a path of their own which they take to become successful in their artistic career. Here are a few successful ways to help you get to where you are going:
1. Create your plan. You need to know where you’re going and how you will get there otherwise you can be pulled off track pretty quickly. Your plan, which is a strategic one, gives you clarity, focus and supports the sort of quick decisions you need to keep your art career moving forward.
2. Implement your plan. Revisit your strategic plan often in order to direct your activity and set you in motion. If you know your plan and implement it you are less likely to become overwhelmed.
3. Organize. Do you have the “tools” that you need to run your business smoothly? Your tools include: file folders, software, furniture, tablets, smartphones etc. It’s important that you are able to move quickly from one task to the next so that you can successfully accomplish your goals.
4. Prioritize. Every evening it is important to make a mental or physical checklist of your next day’s priorities. Organizing your every day with a future goal in mind will keep you on track.
5. Surround yourself with those who will help make you a success. Jim Rohn, motivational speaker and self-help guru said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” With this said, it is in your best interest to associate with those who build you up, mentor you, believe in you and help you become a success.
Original pastel painting by Professional Artist Kathy Beekman