Time & Location
Jul 15, 2021, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM MDT
About the Event
Celebrating Summer: Painting & Pairings
Get ready for two hours of easy to follow art instruction and a wine experience like no other. This novel workshop will combine soft pastel painting and exceptional wine pairings from ONEHOPE Wine.
Join Professional Artist, Kathy Beekman and Wine Tasting Expert, Erin Chamberlain for a step-by-step instruction on how to recreate this beautiful artwork while tasting four wines perfectly paired with the different stages of the painting process. We'll be painting the image pictured with this workshop description.
plus wine (see below)
REGISTER: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject line of CELEBRATING SUMMER. A Paypal invoice will then be emailed you. Once you've paid your invoice- your in!
Deadline to register is July 7th.
BONUS: ONEHOPE Wine has provided Beekman Fine Art & Design the opportunity to raise money for a cause that is close to us. Yay! 10% of all wine purchases from this event will benefit NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness). Order your tasting flight of wines through this link and it will be shipped directly to your doorstep to enjoy during the art workshop. In addition, you will receive a $15 credit to put towards a purchase of full-size bottles. A special link will be provided to participants to receive up to 10% off wine and gifts when you support NAMI.
PS If you’re not a wine drinker, no worries. Pour yourself your favorite drink and paint along with us. You’ll have just as much fun. Promise.
Your Supply List:
1. Basic 12-color box of Soft Pastels (NOT oil pastels!) A box with a larger pastel stick count is always acceptable. (Recommended pastel brands: Sennelier or Terry Ludwig Pastels)
2. 1 sheets of paper (Recommended paper brands: Rising Stonehenge in any color (black is Kathy’s personal favorite) and Arches.
3. Baby wipes or wet paper towels for immediate and easy cleaning of your hands
5. A work surface covered in newspaper or kraft paper (soft pastels give off a lot of dust)
Optional (but recommended):
· Can of a pastel final fixative
· Dust Mask which will provide adequate protection against dry pigments and most dusts
· Disposable Latex Gloves for protecting your hands from pastels
· Newspaper, glassine, or kraft paper to protect your paintings after they are completed
The following are good resources for artist materials:
Online catalog at dickblick.com.
Meiningers located in Denver at 499 Broadway, 303-698-3838
Terry Ludwig Pastels located in Littleton, CO, 303-795-1232 or online at www.terryludwig.com. Please tell Terry that your art instructor Kathy Beekman sent you.